Complaint Review: Charter One Bank

• Submitted: Fri, November 12, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, November 12, 2004

• Reported By:Wayne Michigan
Charter One Bank
Westland Michigan Westland, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charter One Bank ripoff Westland Michigan

I had a debit card purchase that I got the company to return to the bank . The purchase overdrew my account by aprox $5.00 .

Charter one started to charge nsf fess of $33.00 every 4 days then said my account was overdrawn $237.00 after posting the fees . They told me that they were going to charge off my account if I didn't pay the fees . I talked to an a branch manager last Friday .

She told me that the account would be ok while they investigated the fees to see if they could return them. I told her I could get back to the bsnk wensday to depoist $237.00 when I talk to customer service I was told the account had been charged off .

I was allso told that I would not be able to open another bank account any where for another 7 years .

I don't know what the next step is other then not pay them anything

Charles
Wayne, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2004 03:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One-Bank/Westland-Michigan/Charter-One-Bank-ripoff-Westland-Michigan-117454. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One Bank