Complaint Review: Charter One Bank

www.charterone.com Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charter One Bank made a teller error, which caused me to incurr a fee Nationwide

I bank with AmTrust, and I wrote my landlord a check for 250.00, when he went to his local Charter One Branch and deposited it into his account they accidently posted it for 252.00 ($2 more than what I wrote it out for). It cleared, another check I wrote cleared then my check for Time Warner Cable bounced by .22 cents. I was charged a fee by my bank, and when I brought this to their attention, they refunded me the fee of $35 they had charged me. After a couple days the two dollar difference was back in my account. Then a $25 charge was taken out by Time Warner for their check bouncing. Time Warners check would not have bounced if Charter One had not made the mistake in the first place. Charter one is refusing to pay the fee. They told me it is my banks responsibility, and if I was a customer they would take care of it. It is not my fault, it is not my banks fault, it is Charter Ones fault. They will not pay that fee. Because a teller does not know how to use a key pad, and took 2 dollars more from my account I have to pay someone else $25. They told me it wasn't their problem. They are in hurry to collect a fee from someone if they do bounce (account holders), but when they make a mistake and it costs me money, they are refusing to make good of it. This is not fair. It is beyond the money, it is now a issue about principle and good business.

Eastlake, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2008 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One-Bank/nationwide/Charter-One-Bank-made-a-teller-error-which-caused-me-to-incurr-a-fee-Nationwide-400825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One Bank