Complaint Review: Charter One

• Submitted: Thu, December 27, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, December 27, 2007

• Reported By:chicago Illinois
Charter One
2800 N Narragansett Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-242-7837
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charter One Ridiculous Policy Chicago Illinois

I use to love my bank and had no complaints about them until now. Charter One has recently changed policy and is now charging enoumous fees if u go negative in your 'available balance'. the only problem with that is it is impossible to keep track of!!

I am very detail-oriented and keep pretty good track of my finances. But there are times where it is impossible to track every transaction; my example being that I had recently returned something to an online shop; the shop ended up automatically charging me for using their return label; this ended up bringing my available balance to -.20 (yes, twenty cents) and Charter One charged me $35 for this!!

I would have much rather have them decline my card; now i have to 'triple-check' my acct in my head every time i swipe my debit card. Very ridiculous. I cannot believe they treat their customers this way. I have been a customer for over 5 years. I am planning to change banks VERY soon.

N n
chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2007 06:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One/Chicago-Illinois/Charter-One-Ridiculous-Policy-Chicago-Illinois-294748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One