Complaint Review: Charter One

• Reported By: papermanda — Hazel Park Michigan
Charter One
Nationwide USA

Charter One New Fees Implemented Without Informing Customers Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: That little piece of paper that came with one of your recent statements would have detailed the changes...

I checked my bank statement and found a fee for $9.99. I called in to have the fee waived because I've never heard of this fee, and thought they made a mistake. It just says "service charge". They refused to do so.

I've had this particular bank account for 9 years and have never had to deal with this fee before, so why now?

I also checked their website for the Green Checking account, and it now says that there is a fee of $4.99 a month if you don't keep $1500 IN YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT, or make 5 deposits. Who keeps that much money in their checking account? That's what a savings is for, isn't it?

And if this is the case, why isn't there a fee in my other account as well? I make deposits in only one of my accounts, and last time I was at the bank they would not let me eliminate one of my accounts. Did they know about this upcoming hidden fee and get me to keep 2 accounts so they could charge me more?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2014 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-One/nationwide/Charter-One-New-Fees-Implemented-Without-Informing-Customers-Nationwide-1133484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter One

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Your bank agreement allows them to make changes by notifying you.  Your throwing the notice away doesn't change anything, they still have the right to make the changes.  If you continue using the account(s) it's tacit agreement to the changes.  You weren't Ripped off and can still move to another bank, which will have a very similar agreement. By reason of changes in banking laws, giving preference to those unable/unwilling to properly manage their finances, the banks look for other means of compensation for their services. They are NOT a non-profit company.

Consider the Federal Government complicit in any "Ripoff" that you see has occurred.

"Did they know about this upcoming hidden fee and get me to keep 2 accounts so they could charge me more?"

Yep, the surely knew and that's why they did it...it's a "conspiracy."  Too funny.