Complaint Review: Charter TV and Internet

• Submitted: Wed, September 12, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, September 16, 2012

• Reported By: Lisa — Fond du Lac Wisconsin United States of America
Charter TV and Internet

Charter TV and Internet Charter Cable and Internet Service is the worst company I have ever worked with. There equipment Wi-Fi equipment is obsolete a month after they install it, there prices are astronomical and the compa Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Help with Internet

Charter Internet and Wireless Service is the WORST company I have ever dealt with.  The wireless connection never stays connected....have to continually contact the company to have it reset.  I just had a representative out about A MONTH AGO  to replace our existing gateway box (which is a Ubee brand) and now today when I called Charter and advised them that AGAIN our wireless was not working they told me I could  buy a $20  Netgear gateway from them and I would own it, but I had to upgrade to the another package.

They used to install a Ubee gateway box, but have been having trouble with that box so the representative I talked to said they are switching to Netgear.  I said I did not want to upgrade, but I just wanted a new gateway box (the Netgear ).   The representative told me no...I would have to upgrade to the new package and then I would get the Netgear gateway box.  If I wanted a representative to come and replace our existing gateway with another Ubee gateway they would do that for me.  Why would I want another Ubee box when the representative told me in his exact words that they are having too much trouble with the Ubee gateway, so that is why they are switching Netgear.  Very frustrating!  Also while I was talking to him I dropped my I-pad and cracked the screen. (That did not help matters)  It took the representative 3 tries to get me hooked back to wireless.

Needless to say I do not recommend Charter!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2012 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-TV-and-Internet/internet/Charter-TV-and-Internet-Charter-Cable-and-Internet-Service-is-the-worst-company-I-have-e-940040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter TV and Internet

Help with Internet

AUTHOR: Umatter2charter - (USA)

Hello Lisa,

My name is Abby Catron, and I am a Senior Social Media Specialist for Charter.  I would love the chance to offer you some help.  Hopefully I can turn this into a positive experience for you.  In order to assist, I would like to review your account to provide you with the most accurate options and investigate why your wireless connection is dropping.  Please send an e-mail to Umatter2Charter@chartercom.com with your name, address, and phone number on the account, as well as the best number to reach you.  Also, please put CharterAbby RipOff Report Lisa in the subject line so that I can keep an eye out for the e-mail.

Here is a link to the Charter Social Media Team webpage for your reference: http://www.charter.com/Umatter2Charter.

Looking forward to resolving your concerns!

Abby Catron