Complaint Review: Charter cable

• Reported By: kdp — Placentia California
Charter cable
Internet USA

Charter cable Deceptive Pricing and plans Internet

Charter Cable has been changing prices from what consumer is told in person to internet assistance.  They truly take advantage of the general public.  When my plan was up this time, I had to go to local office and pick up new router.  I previously owned my own router/modem combination.  This entailed the me having to purchase a new modem to work with their router.  The old setup worked just fine.  Then, when I was at the local office, I was quoted a new price for my service.   I was always on an auto.pay.  Now, I am being told that I am behind a month and my bill is over thirty dollars more than what I was quoted. What?!  On the phone I was told that I had to pay within 6 days or else, even though the site said that it was due on 6/19.

The practices of this company are outragious.  When is someone going to take them on?  We have no choice in cable services in the communities where we live.  An individual has to take the individual company that is the town.  Sounds like an old MaBell deal to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-cable/internet/Charter-cable-Deceptive-Pricing-and-plans-Internet-1052573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter cable