Complaint Review: Charter one bank

• Updated: Sat, May 07, 2011

• Reported By: sm33 — holland Ohio United States of America
Charter one bank
shadow valley maumee ohio maumee, Ohio United States of America

Charter one bank lied to by assnt branch manager maumee, Ohio

we have been tracking our banking activities with charter one for quite some time now. We have learned the hard way like the rest of you that charter one does list debits from top to bottom ( highest dollar amounts first) when I mentioned this to the kind ladies at the shadow valley branch this morning they both dropped their eyes and looked away. The asst. branch manager told me when I requested them to drop 2 pending nsf that she could only put in a request and that she could not perform the task. So my wife swears she signed a hard copy form of opting out at another branch. A phone call to that branch , the man said yes he had the copy, unbeknown to him we were already in route. Guess what? Did you guess he couldnt find it in the 5 minutes from when he said he had it to the time we showed up? Of course their records showed I selected to opt in on a practice that would cost me untold dollar amounts in nsf.  Here is the interesting part, the man there looked completely flustered as he scrambled through his computer to find any information that would help us out, finding none ( go figure) he offered to amend the pending nsf charges (see above where the shadow valley asst branch manager could not do this) I will be discussing my legal options with my attorney this monday, anyone interested in really giving this a go let me know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2011 08:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-one-bank/maumee-Ohio-/Charter-one-bank-lied-to-by-assnt-branch-manager-maumee-Ohio-726766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter one bank