Complaint Review: Charterone Bank

• Submitted: Sun, February 26, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 01, 2006

• Reported By:Cleveland Ohio
Charterone Bank
Clifton Right Out Of Lakewood, Ohio Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Charterone Bank ripoff Cleveland Ohio

*Author of original report: Charterone bank rippoff in respomse to the person that worked there

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Payment

Charterone bank has finally ripped me off. after having my account with them a year they started ripping me off by letting a company take money from my checking account from a credit card I cancelled a little less than a year ago, however, they still let this company take money out even after I spoke to them and wasted hours of my time with them on the phone (charterone bank) they wanted me to fill out all this paperwork which is hogwash, I shouldn't have to do nothing I cancelled the card almost a year ago and I'm not liable for any of this.

Also I noticed many times I would go into my account online and see that there is anywhere from one to five dollars missing from my account which they stick back in when it's convenient for them. And I have no idea of how much change they ripped me for becuase I never really look at that.

Then I pretty much get this whole thing resolved with the money that had been taken from the credit card I cancelled almost a year ago and then they start overdrafting me from money that was in my account so I went and took it then they got rid of all records of it and show I infact did not have that amount in my account when it clearly showed my account had that amount of money in it I took out.

So this whole mess started with them letting a company take money from a credit card I cancelled almost a year ago.

I'm on SSI disability for starters and don't have this kind of money to be paying them back for something I shouldn't have to even be dealing with. One more thing I wanted to add on is that I have to use a wheelcjhair to get around and when I went in to dispute this matter of the credit card issue I couldn't get in the bank, you have to go through this metal detector type thing and then the door will open well my chiar was to long to fit between the metal detector and the second door so they had to do all this stuff and make me feel embarraced and the topping onthe cake of this one is that I couldn't even do a dispute that day becuase they wouldn't except the ID that I opened my account with, they sure took my money to open the account then when I tried to dispute the credit card thing they siad I couldn't use the ID that I opened my account with just a little over a year ago.

Brian
Cleveland, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2006 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charterone-Bank/Cleveland-Ohio-44102/Charterone-Bank-ripoff-Cleveland-Ohio-178198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charterone Bank

Charterone bank rippoff in respomse to the person that worked there

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

The credit card I'm talking about is a debit card charterone issued me, it's not a regular credit card from some credit card company, it's a chrterone debit/credit card.

Like I said before they let a company take money from my account with a card I cancelled almost a year ago.

So I kinda of get that fixed and the next thing I notice is that I have $160 in my account from a paypal transfer, which indeed I did do, so I went and took my money with a .51 cent balance after the $160 was taken out and I started getting overdraft after overdraft, it all started with this money they took out of my account from a credit/debit card chaterone issued me that I cancelled a year ago.

Just because I'm poor and on SSI social security doesn't mean I can't have a bank account. I bet you that if I had $50,000 in that bank they would have fixed everything straight away and I wouldn't have had any problems.

AUTHOR: Jasper - (U.S.A.)

I don't deal with Charter One but I will say, IMOHO, all banks are the same. They don't care about customers. And since 9/11, anytime they don't have an answer, they use: Because of the Patriot Act. My mother, couldn't even have someone taken off her account, without the permission of that person. It's her account, she is the only one having money put into the account, the only reason the other person was on, is because of her age,and illness, she has trouble writing sometimes. She wanted to change the person on the account because he was undependable. The guy at the bank, NCB, on Brookpark and Pearl, says she has to have that person come in, and tell the bank he knows he is being removed from the account. He says it is because of the Patriot Act. I've read it, can't find it, and when I go back to Cleveland, am going to ask him to give me the information so I can see for myself. Now, I did inquire at my Credit Union, and they tell me it is not there, but it is in the own Disclosure.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Payment

AUTHOR: Matt - (U.S.A.)

I formerly worked for Charter One and would like to defend them on this. I am sorry for your circumstance, however Charter One does not "letting a company take money from my checking account" without you authorizing it in the first place. You would have told the credit card company do take money out of your account, and Charter One can not decline any authorized payments you set up. You have to contact the credit card company and tell them to stop, or in some cases Charter One can cancel them