Complaint Review: Charterone Bank

• Submitted: Thu, February 07, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 07, 2008

• Reported By:Clinton Ohio
Charterone Bank
222 Smokerise Wadsworth, Ohio U.S.A.

Charterone Bank Charged me overdraft fees the sum of $275 when my account was never negative Wadsworth Ohio

I ordered an item off the internet that was a 30 day free tial in which it stated that my account would be authorized, but no money would be taken out of my account until the 30 day trial was up.

Well, because they did a authorization Charterone put a hold on the money and proceeded to give me several overdraft fees for purchases I had made days earlier for cost between 2 and 20 dollars.

If everytime you use your card they hold authorization, then why was all the little transactions made days before accessed overdraft fees. This is a way for Charterone to suck up your money, it has nothing to do with you being responable with your account.

I took my paper in from the website I had ordered from and proceeded to show the supervisor what had happen, and she told me that it was a grey area, and that there is no rules for this paticular case.

She told me she can only give me 3 fees back as a courtesy, and was pretty smug about the whole thing. How convenient, the grey areas work in the banks favor, big time.

I will be closing my account with Charterone and I think somebody needs to work on the grey area. No wonder the country is on the verge of recession, if the banks continue to basically steal consumers money, they won't be able to spend it on other things.

Clinton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2008 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charterone-Bank/Wadsworth-Ohio-44281/Charterone-Bank-Charged-me-overdraft-fees-the-sum-of-275-when-my-account-was-never-negati-307143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charterone Bank