Complaint Review: Charterone Bank

• Submitted: Fri, August 06, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, August 06, 2004

• Reported By:ravenna Ohio
Charterone Bank
Main St. Nationwide U.S.A.

Charter one Bank ripoff I DEPOSITED A CHECK FROM MY CREDIT UNION THAT THEY HAD MAILED ME IN MY NAME AND THE CHECK WASNT CLEARED FOR 6 DAYS CAUSING ME TO PAY $33.79 FOR A CUP OF COFFEE I BOUGHT . PLEASE I HAD 79CENTS IN MY ACCOUNT WHATS UP. Ravenna NATIONWIDE

I deposited a check written to me by my credit union and it still took 5-6 days to clear. I don't know what caused the bouncing of checks but on 8-4 there was 66.00 nsf which caused another 99.00 on 8=5 yet due to automatic deposit the checks and fees all cleared . The point is I do not write checks I can't cover. I was in New York at my daughters wedding and did pay for this. But I had ennded up paying 33.79 for a cup of coffee at 79 cents. What's up with this.

Barbara
ravenna, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2004 09:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charterone-Bank/nationwide/Charter-one-Bank-ripoff-I-DEPOSITED-A-CHECK-FROM-MY-CREDIT-UNION-THAT-THEY-HAD-MAILED-ME-102517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charterone Bank