Complaint Review: Chase AND MBNA

• Submitted: Fri, February 24, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 24, 2006

• Reported By:Helena Alabama
chase.com , Delaware U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Chase AND MBNA APR Ripoff WATCH YOUR MAIL Delaware Delaware

WATCH YOUR MAIL!! The story is getting old, but unfortunately true. Misery loves company, and I have to say, its good to know that I am not alone, but sucks to see so many others suffering. Have a card with Chase, $11,000 balance, transferred 2 cards to them to receive their "LOW LOW LIFETIME OF THE LOAN RATE of 3.9%" because "your outstanding credit history deserves to be rewarded" they said. Well, my credit score is higher today than it was 2 yrs ago when I opened this account, I make MORE money, but because Chase says I am a "risk" to them for their own reasons, my rate was going up to 30.99%. YEP, not a typo. I am being punished for being such a great customer with NO late payments, NO over the limit fees, just being the person they rewarded me for being 2 yrs ago... and WHAM! But I saw the TINY LITTLE LETTER they sent me telling me they were doing this, did what it said, and wrote my letter "rejecting the APR change", reported them to the BBB (they HATE that) and yes, it was that easy, they left me alone! BUT the catch, is that had I not seen that tiny little note, in an unmarked envelope.... I'd be paying these loan sharks 30.99% interest! By the way, MBNA tried it too! They sent me the same thing, I rejected their changes, reported them to the BBB (they REALLY hated that) and yes, its that easy, but you HAVE to watch the mail... watch for their notices, reject their changes, THEN CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNTS. By the way, Capitol ONE now advertises in their solicitations that they "Won't raise APRs like other companies due to your credit score or credit history".... I thought that was VERY interesting that one company is cashing in on anothers HUGE mistake.

USA, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2006 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-AND-MBNA/Delaware/Chase-AND-MBNA-APR-Ripoff-WATCH-YOUR-MAIL-Delaware-Delaware-177850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase AND MBNA