Complaint Review: Chase Auto Finance

• Submitted: Mon, March 28, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, October 27, 2008

• Reported By:Meridian Idaho
Chase Auto Finance
3770 Howard Hughes Parkway, Suite 170 LasVegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Chase Auto Finance, Bank One ripoff Fraudulent Credit Reporting Fraudulent Repossesion LasVegas Nevada

*Consumer Suggestion: Dispute with the Consumer Reporting Agencies

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Update as of April 26, 2005

*Consumer Suggestion: If the did indeed repossess your vehicle in error, then they should fess up to their mistake and do what ever it takes to satisfy you.

*Consumer Suggestion: Financial Institutions Division the FID is the agency to contact.

*Author of original report: I, AM NOT, SATISFIED so far with the outcome.

*Consumer Comment: GET AN ATTORNEY This company is screwing you

*Author of original report: UPDATE I have made copies of everything and sent them to the Executive Office

*Consumer Comment: Consult with a lawyer

This company repossed my Truck when the vehicle was current. I requested a letter of apology and asked for reimbursement of the $40.00 fee I was charged to pickup my vehicle and they told me me they were unable to comply with my request.

They further stated they reported to the credit bureau that we had a repossesion and redemption.

Is there any way to get them sited for fraudulent reporting, stealing our car and causing us un due stress?

I have proof of everything! Is there anyone out there that has experienced the same?

Cynthia
Meridian, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2005 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Auto-Finance/LasVegas-Nevada-89109/Chase-Auto-Finance-Bank-One-ripoff-Fraudulent-Credit-Reporting-Fraudulent-Repossesion-Las-136586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Auto Finance

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Dispute with the Consumer Reporting Agencies

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

First, stop arguing with Chase. Next, file a dispute with the CRAs. By law, they can only report accurate information. The CRA's then have to get the information verified by Chase. After you receive the response from the CRAs, then mail a request to Chase to have the matter investigated. If this matter is not corrected, then hire an attorney, and sue the CRAs and Chase. Take a deep breath and relax. The stupidity of Chase employees could be your financial gain.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Update as of April 26, 2005

AUTHOR: Cynthia - (U.S.A.)

I received a letter from Chase Bank dated April 14, 2005. It states they are Sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused and that any negative reporting due to this situation has been removed.

However, we have been promised that any negative reporting would be removed back in the beginning of this. We have just received a Credit alert that reports derogatory items and there in Black and White reported April 5, 2005, NO LESS, REPOSESSION, current balance $6,727.00.

They are saying one thing and doing another, is there any justice? What do you do? I am talking the VP Thomas Tupper wrote the latest letter. This is a shame!

I will continue to battle this and will bring you all up to date as this RIP OFF UNFOLDS!!!!

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

If you cannot get any resolution from the people you have been talking to, I would sugges you contact Bank One's / Chase's Office of the Chairman. If they cannot or will not help you, then your only other option would be through legal means (as far as I know). The Office of the Chairman is the top of the line when it comes to complaints with this company (This is the CEO's Office). Their contact info is as follows:

PH: 800-654-7998
FX: 480-457-2281
Address:
PO Box 71
AZ1-2526
Phoenix AZ 85001

Good Luck. If the did indeed repossess your vehicle in error, then they should fess up to their mistake and do what ever it takes to satisfy you.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Financial Institutions Division the FID is the agency to contact.

AUTHOR: Harold - (U.S.A.)

Since the company is in Las Vegas, you may want to contact: State of Nevada Financial Institutions Division - Department of Business and Industry, 2501 East Sahara Blvd., Suite 300, Las Vegas, Nevada 89104, 702-486-4120, (Fax)702-486-4563. Their web address is http://fid.state.nv.us.

Since your situation deals with collection agency issues, the FID is the agency to contact.

I, AM NOT, SATISFIED so far with the outcome.

Hi All-

I am giving you an update on regarding my situation. I received a letter from Chase Bank and it reads that they have removed the repossession code of the credit and waive the repossession fees. As for the $40.00 fee the agent charged for storage, they will have to get that refunded to us. I have yet to get an apology and do not see that they are making sure that this Repossession will not be showing on my Credit Report as a Repossession/redemption, so I, AM NOT, SATISFIED so far with the outcome.

I reported this to the OCC and they too are on them. I will keep you updated on this. I will also be filing a complaint with the Attorney General. I am not sure what this will accomplish, but they should at least be aware of is going on in their state.

Thanks Again,

GET AN ATTORNEY This company is screwing you

AUTHOR: J. - (U.S.A.)

This company is screwing you, not only did they cause you inconvience but now they are ruining your credit, there is an attorney in las vegas that specializes in credit matters and he is very good, his name is Mitchell Gliner his #870-8700 this attorney also works on contingency...

i hope you get these guys, these big companies need to stop taking advantage of people...

good luck,

UPDATE I have made copies of everything and sent them to the Executive Office

AUTHOR: Cynthia - (U.S.A.)

I have made copies of everything and sent them to the Executive Office of William B. Harrison, CEO. I am awaiting the outcome. I will keep you updated.

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

Consult with a lawyer. If the company really did repossess your vehicle in error then they should apologize. But you better make double sure you have copies or receipts of all your payments.

1) I would get all copies/receipts of payments I have made and make copies of them. Send a decent letter to the lender with a copy of the payments showing you were not late. This may be all they need.

2) If the above does not work then see a lawyer. Many will handle a consultation for less than $100.