Complaint Review: Chase Bank - Bank One

Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-278-4721
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Chase - Bank One raised rate from 8% to 21% notice never received very rude Wilmington Delaware

Chase Bank and Bank One are merging. Had BP Visa account in good standing, customer over 10 years. They said they sent a letter of notification in November 2004 that my rate was being raised. Strange this letter was not received yet the statement of January 2005 showed the new interest rate.

I've learned the hard way by investigating this after the fact. These banks do not care. I closed my accounts with Citibank due to poor service. Other people report never receiving these letters, never paying late, not over the limit yet rates are raised. TOO Much of this going on!

Customer service said I had to fax to Bank One Correspondence. After 3 days and no response, I called again and received a different story... "oh we can connect you to someone, we don't show receiving your fax". Then I was connected to Ms. Nasty and Rude. Bottom line, take my business elsewhere, they don't want mine.

Consumers, we need to fight this rip-off

Jane
Pueblo, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2005 08:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank-Bank-One/Wilmington-Delaware-19850/Chase-Bank-One-raised-rate-from-8-to-21-notice-never-received-very-rude-Wilmington-Del-129641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank - Bank One