Complaint Review: Chase Bank Credit Card Services

• Submitted: Fri, May 15, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 18, 2009

• Reported By:Salem Oregon
Chase Bank Credit Card Services
www.chase.com/creditcards Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Chase Bank Credit Card Services I cancelled my chase card after jacked up APR, refund sent to me 4.84, bill sent after refund 1.01, apr 54.47% Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Easily explained

*Consumer Suggestion: Pay Back

*Consumer Comment: Chase Bank appears hurting tens of thousands of their credit card customers.

After finding out that Chase Bank jacked up my APR to over 24%, I quickly paid off the 50.00 pluse change and cancelled my card. They were very rude but said they would send me a refund check, which they did. Amount of 4.84.

I then get a bill in the mail for 1.01. I know this seems silly, but I can't imagine what they are doing to people that are not as blessed as I am. The refund check was sent out on the 1st of May.

The bill, including the protection plan fee was billed for the 11th. The APR is now 54.47%. It is very scary to think that we, as American tax payers, just bailed these people out and they feel the need to squeeze more out of us.

$1.01 does not mean sqaut to me, it's the fact that this bank is allowed to cont. to do this type of thing to every person that was unlucky enough to have an account with them.

My original account was with wamu, but chase bought them out with the money we gave them. Funny isn't it?

Zee
Salem, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2009 09:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank-Credit-Card-Services/Wilmington-Delaware-19850-5298800/Chase-Bank-Credit-Card-Services-I-cancelled-my-chase-card-after-jacked-up-APR-refund-sent-452391. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank Credit Card Services

Easily explained

AUTHOR: The Light - (U.S.A.)

Your $1 charge was a risidual finance charge taken from the time that your statement ended until the time that your payment posted on the account. Banks know that these charges are usually somewhat silly and all you would have to do is ask for it to be waived. As for buying WAMU with Tarp funds that actually made me giggle. The purchase of WAMU had nothing to do with the tarp funds. Chase is one of the most secure banks in the industry and are actually about to pay back the Tarp funds. Maybe next time instead of freaking out about your 50% "EFFECTIVE ANNUAL INTEREST RATE" (you can do your own research on what that is i dont feel the need to explain it). And as for the advice about making the bank send you statements about a statement credit that wont work anymore. Instead of complaining to the bank, you should write your congressman a letter and thank him for the higher interest rate. Same thing would happen if you cornered a pitbull. Its gonna bite you.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

They say you owe them $1.01. Send them a money order for TWO DOLLARS. It really screws up their books and it costs them over $5 a month to send you a statement telling you you have a credit balance of 99 cents. You can actually keep it going for several months until they finally send you a check and "zero" the account out. I've done it to several companies that have really pissed me off.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Chase Bank appears hurting tens of thousands of their credit card customers.

AUTHOR: Alessandro Machi - (U.S.A.)

Hi, I have now heard and heard of several dozen horror stories about Chase Bank credit card division. I was personally affect myself so I started a protest blog called http://www.Daily-Protest.com

If you want to do more after filing a rip off report, you can put up a Daily-Protest.com sign in a storefront window, a bulletin board, or a countertop. Every hit that Daily-Protest.com gets raises awareness and puts us closer to a real solution.

-Alessandro Machi