Complaint Review: Chase Bank (Formerly Wamu)

• Submitted: Tue, November 03, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, November 03, 2009

• Reported By: Jeffrey Young — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Chase Bank (Formerly Wamu)
790 S. Rampart Blvd. Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Chase Bank (Formerly Wamu) Washington Mutual Charged $102 in overdraft against an account with a POSITIVE balance that had funds to cover purchases Las Vegas, Nevada

I had written a check that I had forgotten about. It overdrew my account. I borrowed $650 dollars from my partner to deposit into my account and bring my balance back to positive. I had spoken to a Chase customer service representative about all this before I made the deposit.

Two days later Chase assesses another 3 overdraft fees against my account telling me that because the deposit was made on a Saturday (non-business day) that it didn't count, yet they could continue to process overdrafts on purchases during the same non-business day period.

I talked to 3 different Chase reps who all told me it was too bad, but they weren't going to refund those fees for any reason whatsoever.

I was with Wamu for 6 years before this Chase turnover and their policy was always to allow a deposit to immediately post and avoid overdrafts. Now I have an evil banker instead.

I am going to take a drastic step here: I am withdrawing all the funds I feel that are due me and am going to let the bank come to me for THEIR money. I am unemployed and even though I impressed upon them my tight financial situation all my pleas fell on deaf ears.

But if anyone knows a more positive way to get satisfaction from this crummy bank, I would love to hear it.

Thanks for listening!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2009 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank-Formerly-Wamu/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89145/Chase-Bank-Formerly-Wamu-Washington-Mutual-Charged-102-in-overdraft-against-an-account-518864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank (Formerly Wamu)