Complaint Review: Chase Bank, N. A.

• Submitted: Fri, January 12, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 12, 2007

• Reported By:Louisville Kentucky
Chase Bank, N. A.
3 Times Sq, New York, New York U.S.A.

Chase Bank USA, N.A. Legal Scam New York New York

We made a mistake and went over limit on our Chase credit card by $20.74. Our rate was increased from 13% to 29% plus a $40 over limit fee. I called to close the account.

I was transferred to a "special supervisor". I asked to either get my rate lowered or close my account. The "gentleman" went through the charade of seeing if he could lower my rate. He said that his system would not let him see any "offers" as long as we were over limit. He said to make a payment and call back after the payment posted. I did. I spoke with a woman who "checked" and she said that rates are reviewed after six months of on time payments.

The "gentleman" gave me false hope of getting my rate lowered in order to get a quick payment.

I can live with the over limit fee, but the rate increase is ridiculous!

This is a legal scam!

Keith
Louisville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2007 06:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank-N-A/New-York-New-York-10036-6564/Chase-Bank-USA-NA-Legal-Scam-New-York-New-York-230239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank, N. A.