occasions

• Submitted: Thu, October 06, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, October 16, 2005

• Reported By:Lake Havasu City Arizona
Chase - Bank One Card Services
PO Box 94010 Palatine, Illinois U.S.A.

Chase - Bank One Card Services ripoff , fees and additional finance charges after card paid off Palatine Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: It's always the banks fault

I have had several problems with this company. I made a payment online and they somehow messed the payment up and then charged me a $35.00 fee. They said it never cleared my Credit Union. I checked with the credit union they never received anything from this company and the company didn't have any paperwork showing this payment was denied by the Credit Union. I had to fight for months to get this fee credited back to my account. Of course they never back dated it.

I paid this credit card off after calling to verify how much I needed to payoff. This was paid off on the 15th of the month way prior to my due date and statement date. I also closed the account on the 22nd.

I now have received a bill showing I owe additional finance charges, transaction date 26th of the month.
This company will try anyway possible to get more money out of you, stay away.

The interest rate has also jumped up and I have great credit.

Patty
Lake Havasu City, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2005 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank-One-Card-Services/Palatine-Illinois/Chase-Bank-One-Card-Services-ripoff-fees-and-additional-finance-charges-after-card-pai-159726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase - Bank One Card Services

It's always the banks fault

AUTHOR: R - (U.S.A.)

ok, first of all, if you made a payment online, how could WE mess it up? i would guess that either you mistyped the account # in, or put in a credit card # or your debit card #, INSTEAD of your checking account #, that would be why your credit union states they never received the payment.

Next, we don't give payoff amounts. if you were to call and ask how much you owe, we would tell you what your balance is of THAT DAY.

Which leads to why you got another finance charge. your account is accruing interest DAILY until we receive your final payment of all the money you owe us.

the reason your interest rate jumped up, was 1) a returned payment 2) a late payment, which are both defaults on the account, so it probably jumped to the DEFAULT interest rate.