Complaint Review: Chase Bank USA Credit Card Company

• Submitted: Tue, February 24, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 24, 2009

• Reported By:Woodstock Georgia
Chase Bank USA Credit Card Company
Post Office Box 15298 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Chase Bank USA Credit Card Company Chase is gouging unemployed people by refusing to work with them. Wilmington Delaware

Chase credit card company is putting the screws to unemployed people like me by refusing to work with me on temporary hardship assistance.

I was laid off in August 2008 from a company I'd been with for 9 1/2 years. It has gotten to the point now where I've exhausted all savings and have contacted every creditor to let them know the situation before it becomes a problem.

The ONLY creditor who would not work with me is Chase. I called on 2/20/09 to request temporary hardship assistance until I can find a job. Chase said they couldn't help me because I was only on unemployment and didn't "earn" enough money. If I was earning more money I wouldn't need hardship assistance. My debt/equity ratio was too high so I contacted the other creditors and got payments reduced or deferred to get debt/equity ratio in line with Chase's requirements.

I called Chase again on 2/23/09 and was told this time the debt/equity ratio didn't matter because I'm getting unemployment and it's not permanent. They won't lower my payments until I can find a job. Chase wouldn't work with me at all. I spoke with a manager and got the same hardnosed response.

I've never missed a payment with any creditor. Because of Chase's gouging and just plain taking advantage of people like me who are unemployed and still trying to do the right thing, Chase will be allowed to charge a late fee each month and raise the interest rate to God knows what.

I'm not sure where to report this but it is seriously wrong.

Woodstock, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2009 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank-USA-Credit-Card-Company/Wilmington-Delaware-19850-5298/Chase-Bank-USA-Credit-Card-Company-Chase-is-gouging-unemployed-people-by-refusing-to-work-427864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank USA Credit Card Company