Complaint Review: Chase Bank USA, N.A.

• Submitted: Thu, January 24, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 24, 2008

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Chase Bank USA, N.A.
2500 Westfield Drive IL1-6215 Elgin, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 847-488-6835
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Chase Bank USA, N.A. Fraudulent Use of Credit Card-1st day used, thief spent $1600, but no call/concerns from Chase Elgin Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Why did it take you so long?

*Consumer Suggestion: POLICE REPORT

I have been fighting Chase about the fraudulent use of my credit card from July 2007 to September 2007. I notified Chase of the fraudulent activity in late September 2007. They immediately closed the account and put the $3100 worth of charges on a new account to avoid additional fraudulent activity.

It only took Chase a few days to investigate it. Also, on the first day the card was misused, the thief spent $1682.50 on that day alone. All of my creditors notify me of suspicious activity immediately to verify if I authorized it or not. However, Chase never notified me of these charges.

I would think a prestigious bank like Chase would notify me ASAP to avoid fraud. The investigators were not very helpful either and refused to listen to me.

When Chase wouldn't help me with this matter I filed a complaint with the Office of the Comptroller of Currency, the govt. agency that oversees Chase. They didn't really help me either. All they did was pass the complaint to Chase's Executive office.

From there, I faxed additional information to them and a second investigation was done. They came up with the same conclusion eventhough I have so much proof that I didn't authorize the charges. I am not sure what to do now. I do not want to pay a lawyer for this because it isn't my fault that my credit card information was fraudulently used.

Frances
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2008 01:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank-USA-NA/Elgin-Illinois-60124/Chase-Bank-USA-NA-Fraudulent-Use-of-Credit-Card-1st-day-used-thief-spent-1600-but-no-302892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank USA, N.A.

Why did it take you so long?

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

You usually have something like 30-60 days to report fraudulent activity. You stated the charges started in July, but you didn't report it until late Sept. That doesn't make much sense. Any normal person who looks at their statements before paying them would've seen the large charge immediately. From your description of the complaint, I would have to say that Chase is under no obligation to eat the charges.

It isn't a law that they have to notify you. But, it IS your responsibility to ensure your credit cards are in your possession, and that your billing statements are correct.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

POLICE REPORT

AUTHOR: Billcoll01 - (U.S.A.)

YOU DIDNT MENTION A POLICE REPORT. WAS ONE FILED? IF NOT, YOU NEED TO DO SO ASAP OR ITS NOT CONSIDERED FRAUD. A LOT OF PEOPLE JUST FILE A FRAUD REPORT WITH THE BANK & THATS NOT ENOUGH.