Complaint Review: Chase Bank USA NA

• Reported By: Celeste — Canonsburg Pennsylvania United States of America
Chase Bank USA NA
PO Box 15229 Wilmington, DE Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

Chase Bank USA NA Don't trust online statements Wilmington, Delaware

I made a  $30 purchase on my card January 26. A day later on the 27th my account was compromised. I didn't realize it was compromised until Jan 31 when I logged into my account and seen numerous purchases that were not mine, so I called them and told them my account had been compromised and that there were several charges on there that were not mine but that the purchase I made on the 26 was mine and it stayed on my statement and I paid it. I did not print out the online statement. My mistake.

February 6 I get an affirmation of unauthorized use, so I circle the charges that were not mine. I did not pay attention to the dates but the purchase I made on the 26th now became the 30th. I realize that sometimes it takes a few days to show up, but the purchase I made on the 26th showed up almost immediately on my online statement and I paid it even though my account was compromised, my new account info was in there within a few days and I paid it.

All of this happened around the same time purchase, account compromised and payment were all within a few days of each other, so I paid the 26th charge. It showed up again on my new statement. Somehow the charge in which I already paid mysteriously disappeared form my prior online statement, stupid me for not printing it out. They somehow changed the dates of my purchase and made it look like I did not pay. Of course no one at Chase would help me, because of course they said well you weren't charged because it's only on there once. How very clever of them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2010 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank-USA-NA/Wilmington-Delaware-19850/Chase-Bank-USA-NA-Dont-trust-online-statements-Wilmington-Delaware-576844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank USA NA