Complaint Review: Chase Bank USA, N.A.

• Submitted: Wed, November 29, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, November 29, 2006

• Reported By:Ravenna Ohio
Chase Bank USA, N.A.
P. O . Box 15153 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-945-2000
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Chase Bank USA, N.A., J. P. Morgan Chase FRAUDULENT CHARGES, DISHONEST POLICIES, INCREASING APR JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN REGARDLESS OF PAYMENT HISTORY!!! Ripoff Wilmington Delaware

My husband and I had a credit card with Chase. I knew right away it would be trouble. The due date changed every month - from the 31st to the 1st or 2nd of the month -- making it very difficult to keep track of payments due. They also frequently had payment due dates on a Sunday - so they could charge late fees for not making the payment. They had their online system set up to only allow payments 3 days prior to the due date. It was all set up to be confusing and misleading. One of my payments was considered late for this very reason. I requested a refund of the late fee - both in writing and online. The online response was to credit the late fee. This never happened. I then got a letter stating no refund would be issued. Finally - we took out a home equity loan and paid off the Chase credit card. How did they reward us for our loyalty and good history of making payments? They increased our APR by more than 10% to 29.99%!! Why you ask? Simply because they can. This practice is used by EVERY credit card company that I am aware of. They do random credit reports and increase your finance rates based on credit score, credit history, late payments to OTHER lenders, all of the above. This is absolutely CRIMINAL!! How can these companies still get away with that? When we contacted Chase about the APR increase - Chase refused to lower our rate back to what it was (which was still high). When we threatened to close the account - there was no negotiation on their part. They simply did not care. It was absolutely appalling. So, we closed the account. We got a letter from Chase the next week explaining why they increased the rate and why they were legally allowed to so. I had always thought Chase was one of the "good guys" -- low rates, good reputation. Silly me -- they are just like all the rest. And our Government backs these companies. We are alone and we are prey for these credit card companies and prey for our Government. So sad.

Elissa
Ravenna, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2006 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank-USA-NA/Wilmington-Delaware-19888/Chase-Bank-USA-NA-J-P-Morgan-Chase-FRAUDULENT-CHARGES-DISHONEST-POLICIES-INCREASIN-222830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank USA, N.A.