Complaint Review: Chase Bank Visa Card Account

• Updated: Sat, May 28, 2011

• Reported By: mrsixseven — ej cajun California United States of America
Chase Bank Visa Card Account
po box 94014 Palatine, Illinois United States of America

Chase Bank Visa Card Account Chase Reduces Credit Line Immediately When Card is Paid in Full! Palatine, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: I avoid them

I had a $16,000 credit line with Chase Visa, who bought my account from a far superior bank call Wachovia.  Chase bumped my interest rate from 12% to 29%!  I chose to pay off the card and stop paying their userous interet rates.  As soon as I paid the card off (in one lump sum payment) they dropped my credit line from $16,000 to $1,000.  This was done, I was told, because my paying off the card indicated I was a high risk.  ???

Rather than continue the dialog with Chase, I closed the account, but their decision to dump my credit line after I paid the account in full dropped my credit score as my available credit dropped.  Chase Visa's actions punished me for being financially responsible.  Astounding.  They got paid, screwed me and lost my business.

I would avoid this bank and their credit services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2011 10:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank-Visa-Card-Account/Palatine-Illinois-60094/Chase-Bank-Visa-Card-Account-Chase-Reduces-Credit-Line-Immediately-When-Card-is-Paid-in-F-734200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank Visa Card Account

I avoid them

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Because they're scum.  And they have 1854 reports!