Complaint Review: Chase Bank

• Submitted: Thu, March 22, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, March 23, 2007

• Reported By:Spokane Washington
Chase Bank
900 Stewart Ave Garden Ciry, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 847-592-3310
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Chase Bank, Bank One Lied, conducts improper business handling, & manipulates Garden Ciry New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Hopefully this will help others.

Every year, in Dec., company contacts me regarding tacking a payment on to the end of the contract to HELP ME afford a nice Christmas. It is communicated all I have to do, when the loan is up, keep on making payments as usual. I did this every year for three years. When the loan matured, they wanted the whole "kit and kaboodle". They tried to convince me it was me who heard it wrong.

After coming to an agreement of making my last three payment, as agreed in Jan - March of 2007, they have tried to repossess my car, turned it over to their Recovery Dept, and wrote it has a charge off. It is now paid off but they are telling me I won't get my title for another 8 to 10 weeks!

My biggest concern is on my credit report, it looks like I haven't made a car payment since last year and the charge off addition is showing up too. And, on their notes, it states, I've refused to make payments. Which is a lie. I have the cashed checks from them to prove it.

Tried filing with the BBB but to no avail. Also, filed with the Comptroller of the Currency, Administrator of National Banks in Jan. but nothing has become of that either.

Any suggestions???

Donna
Spokane, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2007 09:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank/Garden-Ciry-New-York-11530/Chase-Bank-Bank-One-Lied-conducts-improper-business-handling-manipulates-Garden-Ciry-240226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Hopefully this will help others.

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

I'm sorry that happened to you and while my post cannot really help you at this point, hopefully it will help others.

When you get a payment deferred, it is tacked onto the end of the loan. Some companies will tack it to the end of the loan and add another month to your loan term. However, some companies add it to the end of your loan, but don't add the additional month to your loan. Therefore, your last payment will be in the amount of your last payment plus however many deferments you took.

Before accepting or requesting a deferment, make sure you ask if they will be adding another month to the loan term, or if it will be due the same month as your last payment.

If I were you, I would keep fighting the credit report entry and sending those letters. However, I would wait until I received the title before stirring up the waters.

assist