Complaint Review: Chase Bank

, Select State/Province USA
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Chase Bank I have been the victim of a scam with a man who I believed was a business man. I sent $51,000 to who I believed was his secretary. She was also scamed I believe. Colorado

*Consumer Comment: file a complaint with the controller of currency

*Consumer Comment: Sound very much like a TV show

I am a 69 year old widow who still works and now will have to work until I am 100 I am sure.  I met what I thought was a legitimate businessman who asked me to invest in his company.  After seeing some of his dealings I decided to invest in his company.  I sent 4 check with a total of $51,300. to who he said was his secretary.  I sent them from my Bank of America checking Account to her Chase Bank checking account.  I have all of her information, her name, checking accout numbers.  When I found out this was a scam I went to Chase Bank and was told when this woman saw the money in her checking account, she had no idea where it came from and notified her bank.  The bank then froze her account.  I am trying to get the $51,300 back from Chase bank.  Bank of America have washed their hands of it because they say the checks cleared their bank and Chase won't talk to me only Bank of America who will have nothing to do with it.  The man who scammed me has found out the account was closed and wrote to me that I must be happy because I have the money back.  If onlyl that were true. I don't want him to find out the money is in limbo someplace in Chase Bank.  I refinanced my house and that is the money that I have to pay off my bills after the house was paid off.  I am now getting bills from different banks that he took money out of.  I have a real  problem and would really appreciate any  help you could give me recovering my money.

I know you have helped so many people.  Thanks so much I appreciate any help you could give me with this huge problem that I made for myself.

Annoymous

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2014 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank/Select-StateProvince/Chase-Bank-I-have-been-the-victim-of-a-scam-with-a-man-who-I-believed-was-a-business-man-1118262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank

file a complaint with the controller of currency

AUTHOR: tom - ()

I am not an attorney.  I hope you received your money back since your report of 1/14.

I suggest you file a complaint against both banks with the controller of Currency. My browser will not let me copy it to this message.

Go to Yahoo search.  Type in Controller of Currency.  I also suggest that you file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and your state attorney.

Provide the paperwork as proof.  I believe you will get your money back.  I would suggest you switch banks after you get your money back,  I personally have dealt with credit unions.  I have never had a problem in 30 years.

Bank of America has a bad reputation.  good luck to you.

Sound very much like a TV show

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

If you ever watch "American Greed," you would see this type of scam all over the show. I am wondered how people were talked "into" investing money. There must be a catch! It would be nice to hear the technique the scammer used in convincing people to invest money to them.