Complaint Review: Chase Bank

• Submitted: Mon, March 16, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 16, 2009

• Reported By:Monument Colorado
Chase Bank
chase.com Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-717-7669
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Bank One ,Chase Sonycard never late, now they will not work with self employed after loss of income Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Comment: You can bet on it.

I have had my card since 2006 and was never late with a payment. I am self employed and recently had an unexpected loss of income because I lost my biggest client.

I am trying several things to keep my good credit standing, including refinancing my home, which will take at least two weeks; trying to find another client, etc. I don't get an unemployment check.

I called Chase about my Sony card to see if I could get my payment lowered for two months, while I try to recover (the payment is not yet late).

They will not even consider it. They will not defer one month or lower my interest rate.

Once I told them my situation, they acted like they were afraid I wasn't going to pay this month.All they wanted was for me to make an instant payment to them over the phone and then' they would try to help me next month.

I have a perfect record with this company! But now that I am down on my luck in this sad economy, they have shown their true colors as heartless money-grubbers.

I almost wish I hadn't called them. Now I'm afraid they will raise my interest rate even higher.And I don't know how I'm going to pay them as it is.

Jayne
Monument, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2009 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank/Wilmington-Delaware-19886-5650/Bank-One-Chase-Sonycard-never-late-now-they-will-not-work-with-self-employed-after-loss-434700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank

You can bet on it.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

If you don't pay your bill on time, you can be virtually certain that they will raise your interest rate. Read your card agreement. That is exactly what you agreed to when you signed up for the card.

When you read the agreement, you'll also notice that they're under no obligation to defer your payments or lower your interest rate (actually, they clearly state they'll do exactly the opposite). If they gave a break to everyone with a sad story, they'd be even more broke than they are now.

When you borrow money under a revolving credit agreement, the deck is stacked against you from the get go. Sorry that this won't help you now, but you should keep it in mind the next time you're considering borrowing money via a credit card. The terms of the agreements are such that they will bury you if you're not able to make on time payments. This is not unique to Chase, either. Just about every credit card issuing bank has the same policies. The problem is that people never read these policies until it's too late.