Complaint Review: Chase Bank

• Submitted: Tue, September 25, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By: tphae — Georgia United States of America
Chase Bank

Chase Bank Misappropriated payment in full of charge account and then sold the account as not paid in full to a paper chasing lawyer who is suing me 5 years later on an acount that was paid in full. Internet

I opened an amazon card over the internet to make a purchase. Chase was the bank for the card. The card was paid in full in December 2005.

Chase applied approximately $8000 worth of payments to someone else's account; NEVER corresponded with me to say the account was delinquent (because it was not it had been paid in full); sold the account to a third party for collection (we never received any correspondence on any of this); the third party sold the paper to someone else and then it was sold again.

I went to my bank. Received copies of all bank statements dating back to the final payment. Consulted with the branch manager on the application of payments as well as the transaction numbers that are attached when a bill is paid online. ALL the payments went to chase for the benefit of the account for which I was responsible.

Chase applied the funds to someone who I have no clue and then said well this person has the same information. I informed Chase I am not concerned what information that person has it is not me and you were not authorized to put my payments on the account of someone I don't know and then turn around and sell the account for collections without affording me due process to prove to you that the account was paid.

The last person with the paid account is a money hungry attorney in Atlanta. Chase has agreed to "buy back" the account and issue a 1099.  I want to file a lawsuit against Chase because it appears that legal proceedings is the only way to obtain resolution.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2012 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank/internet/Chase-Bank-Misappropriated-payment-in-full-of-charge-account-and-then-sold-the-account-as-946468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank