Complaint Review: Chase Bank

• Submitted: Tue, January 03, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 04, 2012

• Reported By: FaithNoMore — Lilburn Georgia United States of America
Chase Bank

Chase Bank Washington Mutual Not Meant to do business with Honest americans!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Guess What...

*Author of original report: Update....

*Consumer Comment: Transfer your negative balance

I just got a letter in the mail stating that after review my bank account will be closing and all funds sent via check to me! After calling cusomter service I was in such a state of shock i had to let the world know! My conversation with a customer rep was to tell me that after a review of my account they were closing it. I asked why and her response was that when I opened the account FIVE YEARS AGO that there was a clause stating that I can close my account at any time for no reason AND that Washington Mutual ( the original company I opened my account under) has the same right! I was stunned. I am to trust a bank with my hard earned money just be told that for no good reason my account is being closed in ten days?!?!? I was told I could ask for a review to see if I could keep the account. Then I was told that it is just a business relationship that they choose to terminate. Now to be honest my account is in the negative by a whopping $3.04 and for less than a week but no major negatives and alot of deposits. I just have to say, WARNING: DO NOT TRUST CHASE WITH YOUR MONEY!!!! I will never use them again but I should have known to back out when they bought out Washington Mutual. At least with WM I got free checks and a free account with no fees. I have today's finance world!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2012 08:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank/internet/Chase-Bank-Washington-Mutual-Not-Meant-to-do-business-with-Honest-americans-Internet-817562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank

Guess What...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

- Ready to be stunned again.  EVERY bank has the same right to close your account for any reason.  This not only is for things such as Checking and Savings accounts but any account such as Credit Cards as well.

- Banks are always reviewing accounts and  I would bet that the "no major negatives" is probably more of the reason where the latest negative was the "last straw".

- Here is some advise for you.  The best thing to avoid this happening again is to never "forget" a charge you make.  The best way to do this is to keep a Written Register where you write down every single transaction you make that way you can't "forget" one and as long as you don't spend more than you have available you can't overdraft.  Also, you didn't mention it but at your next bank do not "opt-in" to Overdraft Protection.  This way if you try to spend more than you currently have available with your Debit card at a Point of sale or ATM it will be declined.  Now, this doesn't cover Checks or ACH transactions, which is why a written register is still important.

Update....

AUTHOR: FaithNoMore - (United States of America)

Just for your snotty information I made my account in the positive and they still closed the account. If you or your business works where a customer forgets a charge YOU do to the account and then kicks them off please tell me the name of your business so I can avoid it!

Transfer your negative balance

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

They no longer want your business. Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone. Take your -3.00 to another bank and open an account. Not a rip off.

trucks