Complaint Review: Chase Bank/Ink

• Updated: Sun, November 27, 2011

• Reported By: Tango — Deerfield Beach Florida United States of America
Chase Bank/Ink

Chase Bank/Ink Credit Card Rip Off Internet

*Consumer Comment: Are you seriously kidding?

*Consumer Comment: Really?

Banks are ticked because they were forced to roll back the $5.00/month debit fee but I might have discovered a new rip off scheme.

I think Chase bank holds up mailing the credit card statement until the due date, but the time you get the mail is already past the date so you will automatically be charged late fees and interest.

for over 40 years I paid my credit card before the due date and paid it in full to avoid finance charges, I guess Chase decided it was not making any interest from me so they decided to rip me off even though I threatened to cancel my account, the person I talked to was more than happy to cancel the account what makes me believe it was done on purpose.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2011 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-BankInk/internet/Chase-BankInk-Credit-Card-Rip-Off-Internet-798230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank/Ink

Are you seriously kidding?

AUTHOR: Mia - (USA)

Do you really think that there is someone inside of the Chase organization who is after you?  I have been a Chase client for 25 years.  I have never received a statement passed the due date.  Never.  However, if I knew I had charges pending on my Chase card and didn't get the statement, for whatever reason, I would have the presence of mind to log in to my account, or call the number on the back of the card, or walk myself into the nearest Chase branch and see what was owed, what was the due date (which is around the same time every month) and then make my payment.  I, also, do not carry a balance so Chase doesn't make a dime in finance charges from me.  It would never occur to me that someone in the Chase organization would have made a policy to purposefully force people to pay late or not in full; not when there are so many ways one can access their account.  You said it all in the last sentence of your complaint, "..I threatened to cancel my account..."  I am sure you were very polite and business like about it, right?  I doubt you would be rude when threatening anyone to do something, "or else."  If I was on the other end of that phone call then I would have been happy to close your account too.  It would have given me great satisfaction in doing so.  If you have been a credit card holder for over 40 years then you are at least 60 years old.  You should have learned by now one gets more flies with honey then vinegar.  Grow up.

Really?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I have some information for you, you are NOT that special.  There is not someone in some back room who has nothing better to do than to select people at random to "pick on".

By the way due to various takeovers and acquisitions I have a couple of Chase cards.  I never have missed a statement.  But guess what even IF I did, I know my due date is the same every month and I can still go on line to view them.  Since you obviously have Internet access there is no reason why you could not do the same thing to foil their evil plot against you.