Complaint Review: Chase Credit Card Services (Amazon)

• Submitted: Tue, May 19, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 19, 2009

• Reported By:Jackson Tennessee
Chase Credit Card Services (Amazon)
P.O. Box 15148 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Chase Credit Card Services (Amazon) Chase Credit Card charges bogus late fees after paying off account Wilmington Delaware

I paid my Chase Credit card account that I opened through the Amazon website (caution: do not get this Amazon credit card!) After paying the account off, over $3000, they are now stating that I owe late fees and have accumulated interest on these late fees. I called prior to sending my payment to get a payoff amount and paid exactly what they asked for. I paid them off after consolidating my debt through my bank at 3% interest (they had raised my low introductory apr to over 29%!!! My banker also called and double checked the payoff amount. When I called to see if there was anything that could be done about this, they were unwilling to work with me. They said they received the amount 2 days past the due date, which is not true. The customer service reps are unreasonable and rude acting, absolutely no help. We closed the account and I can not access it online. This account was closed over 2 months ago, however they are just now making me aware that there is a problem...I have received no statement, nothing. I find this all very convenient (for them) and strange. How can they get away with this? I do not owe the $110 they say I do!

Dont_use_chase
Jackson, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2009 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Credit-Card-Services-Amazon/Wilmington-Delaware-19886-5148/Chase-Credit-Card-Services-Amazon-Chase-Credit-Card-charges-bogus-late-fees-after-paying-453529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Credit Card Services (Amazon)