Complaint Review: Chase Credit Card

Chase Credit Card

Chase Credit Card secret interest fees after paying off balance! Internet

*Consumer Comment: It's called Accrued Interest

*Consumer Comment: same thing here

I paid off my Chase credit card balance. It was over $4000.  The next month I receive a bill for interest charges.  Hey, I pay off the exact balance amount that they gave me and I pay it off ON TIME!  But they still charge me intersest?  What the heck kind of racket is this?  I've called them twice but it's a waste of time.  I'm determined not to give them another dime, but a little worried about the mounting late fees and interest charges.  What to do.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2010 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Credit-Card/internet/Chase-Credit-Card-secret-interest-fees-after-paying-off-balance-Internet-578764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Credit Card

It's called Accrued Interest

AUTHOR: Elance - (USA)

I've worked for many Credit Card companies.  You are not being ripped off, you are just bad at math.

Interest accrues daily.  So, for example, if you owe $100 on April 1 and send in $100 dollars, the interest keeps building until your check is received.  So even though you sent in the $100, you may owe 1 or 2 dollars in interest.

If this debt goes unpaid, it accrues additional fees and interest.  It is in your favor to pay off the residual interest.

same thing here

AUTHOR: axamari - (United States of America)

Same thing happened to me. I paid off appx $860 and they actually held the payment until the day finance charges posted to my account. I have bank statements that show it but they didn't care. Hopefully you just closed the account and went elsewhere. I did.