Complaint Review: Chase Home Mortgage

• Updated: Thu, October 29, 2009

• Reported By: erinle — Prarieville Louisiana United States of America
Chase Home Mortgage
Johnston Street Lafayette, Louisiana United States of America

Chase Home Mortgage is charging me for flood insurance on property I no longer own. Lafayette, Louisiana

Chase has purchased a flood insurance policy for me on a home I sold 2 years ago.  I have a line of credit from Chase for home improvements on my new home but I found out it was never transferred to my new address like my loan officer said it would be.

Now they are requiring flood insurance to cover the cost of the loan and purchased a policy for me 3 times the rate I did pay.  I am unable to purchase a policy myself because no one will write me a policy for property that is not legally mine.

My current insurance has been covering the cost of this loan for 2 years.  I have been trying to correct this issue for 14 months and the only answer I get is that I have to either pay off loan or purchase insurance to cancel their policy. My original loan officer that made the mistake won't even return my phone calls or e mails.

Their customer service is pathetic. How many of us could keep our jobs by avoiding our customers to cover our mistakes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2009 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Home-Mortgage/Lafayette-Louisiana-70506/Chase-Home-Mortgage-is-charging-me-for-flood-insurance-on-property-I-no-longer-own-Lafa-517121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Home Mortgage