Complaint Review: Chase Mortgage

• Submitted: Sun, June 24, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, June 25, 2012

• Reported By: me4nc — Raleigh North Carolina United States of America
Chase Mortgage

Chase Mortgage Chase Manhattan Mortgage Bullying Tactics, MHA and HARP scams , Internet

*Consumer Comment: UMM

This complaint consists of a few parts.  Today, for the third time, a man came to my house to try and collect my mortgage payment.  I am 2 months behind.  When I told the man I did not want to reveal details of my mortgage agreement to a stranger, he became abusive, tried to force his way into my home, and then blocked my driveway with his truck and would not leave, shouting that he would be back when he finally did leave.  Today is Sunday and Chase is closed and I cannot speak to anyone there.  I have asked them not to trespass before and not to send abusive individuals to my home to terrorize me and my daughter.  I have spoken with their representatives too many times to count, letting them know that we are slowly  making progress in catching up the two months and will continue to do so.  They call here about 10 times a day, even though I have asked them repeatedly not to.  Each person either does not record that they spoke to me or pretends they don't know what is going on so that I need to start from the beginning.  Additionally,  I have sent in 3 packages for MHA and HARP.  They rejected the first for no reason and I had to start over, then even though I gave them the UPS tracking for the next two, they pretend they never received them and tell me to start over again.  I have had to request the paperwork 3 times before they will even send me out a package....and now I have given up as they deny receiving them, even when UPS tracking shows they arrived at Chase.

I find these business practices unethical, and in the case of the trespasser, probably illegal.  I have his license plate number and am considering calling the police to report today's incident, unless I receive in writing from chase that noone else will come to my home, and that the new Re-fi package I received yesterday (court ordered by the attorney general) will not also go missing if I turn it in.  It costs me money to make all of the photocopies, etc.  I want them to stop calling me as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2012 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Mortgage/internet/Chase-Mortgage-Chase-Manhattan-Mortgage-Bullying-Tactics-MHA-and-HARP-scams-Internet-902244. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Mortgage

UMM

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

At this point, you need to be documenting everything, including the phone conversations.  Get yourself a tape recorder and record the phone calls and everything that is said when the guy visits your house.  Just make sure you get on tape that the other party acknowledges that the conversation is being recorded otherwise, it may not hold up in court.

The next time he visits and becomes abusive, politely ask him to leave your property.  When he refuses, that is the time to call the police, while he is still there.  Preferably, call close to the door he is standing at while yelling at you so the dispatcher can hear him.

As far as 10 calls daily, yeah, it sucks, but there is no law that prevents the original creditor from doing that.  You can try changing your phone number, but eventually they will get it again, so this will only be temporary.

I do know that the customer support call center for the banking side of things is open 24/7, but I also know they different numbers for each little thing.  You might try getting the number for one of the departments that are open 24/7.  Then, the next time he comes over, call and let the agent who answers listen to how their own agent is treating their customers.

Now, to the part you're not going to like.  All they are after is their money, that you agreed to pay them when you signed the loan agreement.  None of what I have said above is going to change that.  In fact, it may speed up the foreclosure process as they are now going to want to end their business relationship with you as soon as possible.  Just remember, you are the one who defaulted on the contract, not them.