Complaint Review: Chase Moving Co.

• Submitted: Tue, September 03, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, September 03, 2013

• Reported By: Charlene — Trenton Michigan
Chase Moving Co.
16250 Northland Dr. Southfield MI. 48075 Southfield & Detroit , Michigan USA

Chase Moving Co. BEWARE!! FRAUD!!! Southfield & Detroit Michigan

A NIGHTMARE!!! This is the worst moving company I have ever experienced. I advised this company of every piece of furniture I had. I did under estimated the amount of boxes to be 50-60 and in reality there were approximately 100, but the amount I was overcharged was not an additional 50 boxes worth. I was quoted $229.00-$319.00. See the email below that I received from the company.

This move cost me $2000!!!!! Yes, $2000! I was told that my furniture was "big". Not only was I charged 6 times more than quoted I had to give the movers more and more money throughout the day in order for them to unload the truck. ONE BIG PROBLEM. I was told they only take cash. I was later told they do not take credit cards because they have had thousands and thousands of dollars disputed (imagine that!) I was told to have $400 on me to be safe. With the banks being closed the maximum daily limit I could retrieve out of the ATM is $500. I not only reached my daily limit, but I was forced to have my parents reach their daily limit. BUT that still wasn't enough. Before they would unload the truck they wanted an additional $501.00. Unable to get any more money from the ATM, they took the truckload of my belongs and left. They had to come back the next day when I was able to retrieve my daily limit of $500 from the ATM machine. NOW they wanted $575.00 to unload my property, because they had to drive back. AGAIN I informed them that I can only get $500 a day out of the ATM. Once again they refused to unload the truck. FINALLY the owner graciously allowed me to write a check for $75.00. The owner Darnell is absolutely not into customer service nor into giving correct quotes. They will hold your property hostage until you pay them WHATEVER amount they choose to charge you. I was told that this company will low ball the quote just to get the job. This is the worst moving experience than anyone could have. I not only will post this review on any and all websites possible I am contacting the Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney's office. I will not stop until this place is closed down or I receive a FULL refund. This company needs to be SHUT DOWN!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2013 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Moving-Co/Southfield-Detroit-Michigan/Chase-Moving-Co-BEWARE-FRAUD-Southfield-Detroit-Michigan-1081325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Moving Co.