Complaint Review: Chase Platinum Visa

• Submitted: Thu, January 24, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 24, 2008

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
Chase Platinum Visa
3 Times Square Delaware, Ohio U.S.A.

Chase Platinum Visa Chase Misrepresentation in Advertising and Rude Customer Service Delaware Ohio

I recently received several "checks" to be used against my Chase Platinum Visa account. Before using the checks, I verified my available balance on my Chase account to ensure I had sufficient credit to cover any checks written as well as read the fine print that accompanied the checks.

Fine print read, "Checks from this offer deposited into your back account at any bank (including any of our banks) may be subject to a delay in the availability of those funds."

I deposited one check into my bank account. Today I received a phone call from Chase Customer Service stating they would not honor the check because I had fallen in arears in other credit cards, but not on my Chase account. This was done after the check was written and deposited into my account. They decreased my credit balance after a transaction was processed. Apparently, when these checks are used, a credit bureau report is pulled at that time and an approval determination is made at that time. At no place on the documents I received does it state that the approval of these checks will depend upon current credit bureau ratings.

Additionally, I asked to speak to someone higher than supervisor. Below are the confirmed statements from the customer service supervisor:

"It is not Chase's policy to immediately transfer a customer to a higher management level than supervisor as it is against Chase's policy and procedure."

"It is not Chase's policy to provide the details of this conversation via email or fax by a supervisor or below."

"It is Chase's policy for anyone over supervisor level to respond to a customer's complaint or request for further assistance when it is convenient to upper management."

The "supervisor" I spoke to was Beverly, Credential ID CREBXM in Wilmington, DE, phone number 1-888-298-5623.

According to my rights, I am to receive a copy of my credit bureau report from the source Chase used to base their determination. At no time did the customer service supervisor state this was the policy of Chase.

In summary, the checks offered by Chase are based upon unwritten policies and procedures. If you are a "valued customer" with Chase, but due to the economy, have fallen behind with other creditors, these checks are not worth the paper Chase uses to print them.

Irene
Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2008 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Platinum-Visa/Delaware-Ohio-43015/Chase-Platinum-Visa-Chase-Misrepresentation-in-Advertising-and-Rude-Customer-Service-Delaw-303053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Platinum Visa