Complaint Review: Chase Visa

• Reported By: axamari — Texas United States of America
Chase Visa
NY, New York United States of America

Chase Visa Chase credit card Chase held payment to get more fees NY, New York

Last month I had about $880 on my Chase Visa card. I decided it was time to pay it off and set up an online payment through their website. The day was Thursday, January 24. The payment did not get posted until Tuesday, January 29 (5 days/3 business days) after my original payment! Funny coincidence, my "finance charges" also charged on 1/29 for a whopping total of $13.

I contacted Chase to dispute and it was like talking to a bunch of robots. "I'm sorry blah blah, we have to charge finance fees because of the account agreement blah blah." Why did it take 5 days? "I'm sorry sometimes there are delays blah blah.." 3 business days?? for an online payment that came out of my checking the same day I made it??

Over the course of half a dozen contacts and disputes for a week over the $13 balance on my card, a nice late fee of $25 charged. Called to dispute, same result. So in conclusion, Chase can post your payment whenever they feel like it and you can't do anything about it.

Consumer beware. You are nothing more than a small fish in their large ocean of accounts and mean absolutely nothing to them other than being a cash source. To add insult to injury they stated I had to pay the bogus charges to close my credit card. So I decided to move my bank accounts with them. For $13 they lost thousands, but to them it's just a drop in the bucket because they care nothing for their customers. Hopefully others will see this and not do business with them. Maybe then they will begin to care.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2013 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Visa/NY-New-York-/Chase-Visa-Chase-credit-card-Chase-held-payment-to-get-more-fees-NY-New-York-1011829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Visa