Complaint Review: Chase Visa

• Updated: Fri, July 08, 2011

• Reported By: Joseph — Laurel Hill Florida United States of America
Chase Visa
PO Box 17198 Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

Chase Visa Divorced over 4 years ago. Got "offers" for ex at MY address (she's NEVER lived w/in 100 miles of here. Actually cancelled MY Chase Visa card after 1 year+ of repeated "offers" for her. Was assured Wilmington, Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Course of action

*Consumer Comment: I know the feeling.

*Consumer Comment: Are you kidding?

*Consumer Comment: Issues

Starting in 2009, received "offers" from Chase Visa for my ex-spouse.  Has NEVER lived at my current location.  Lives over 100 miles from here.  Called several times & was assured the "problem" would be taken care of.  Offers kept coming.

Called on 1/24/2011 & spoke w/"Seli."  Assured the problem would be taken care of.  Didn't happen!

Called on 2/24/2011 & spoke w/"Mike Wompler," and cancelled my Chase Visa, which I'd had for years.

Kept receiving offers for my Ex....called on 6/14/2011 & spoke w"Karl Fernandez," who referred me to "Kristal Bostick - in the Oklahoma office," who again assured me "I'll take care of it."

Just got another "offer" for the "ex" today.

Anyone know a "GOOD" lawyer who'd take the "harassment" case?

Thanx!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2011 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Visa/Wilmington-Delaware-19850/Chase-Visa-Divorced-over-4-years-ago-Got-offers-for-ex-at-MY-address-shes-NEVER-liv-750199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Visa

Course of action

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

The right way to deal with this is just scribble some bad info on the app, then send it back to be processed.

This costs them time and money, and is FUN!

Who knows you might even get a bogus credit card to run up.  Nothing to lose!

I know the feeling.

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

Unfortunatly there is nothing you can do about it.  I get insurance offers for my ex, divorced since 94 and lives 1500 miles away she has never been to my state.  It does not feel right especially when my wife picks up the mail.  It will never stop.

Are you kidding?

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

I get this type of junk mail all the time.  Maybe I need to call my Attorney and sue them for making my recycling bin too full!

Issues

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Okay if getting some junk mail addressed to your ex-wife causes you to cancel a credit card and start to look for lawyers to sue them for harassment you should seek a different type of "professional" help from someone in the medical field to assist you through your issues.

Somehow some marketing department has gotten a mailing list from somewhere that has attached her name to your address.   I am curious as to exactly what you would sue for and what in damages you would claim.