occasions

• Submitted: Fri, September 05, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, December 20, 2005

• Reported By:Germantown Maryland
Chastity Walker
20001 Century Boulevard Germantown, Maryland U.S.A.

Chastity Walker food server at Red Robin - Credit Card Fraud the "norm" at Red Robin of Germantown Maryland

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Red Robin

My husband I frequent Red Robin, since they are close to our home. Normally I would not complain, but I feel something should be done as my hands are tied.

June 15, 2003 my husband, brother and I went to Red Robin for lunch. We were seated right away. Our server Chastity Walker was very rude from the beginning. When we ordered our drinks, we also asked for water. She never brought us the water. She also did not bring us our food on time. It was cold by the time it got to our table.

Her attitude was very unfriendly. When it came time to pay the bill we decided collectively that her service was very poor, so we decided to give her less than the 15% tip. I signed the Red Robin copy with my purple ink pen. (I always use my pen). We went on our way.

I check our bank account on a daily basis just to make sure everything is fine. On 6/17/03 the Red Robin charge cleared our bank, but at a different amount. It was a $3.00 difference. I thought that this may have been a key mistake because that happens more often than not. I called my bank and told them the amount that I had authorized and to refund my account the $3.00.

I then called Red Robin to see about the mistake. The assistant manager found the receipt and said that it was a reprinted copy. He then asked if I signed my name with a blue pen. I told him I certainly did not. I requested to see the copy they had to verify it.

We drove down to Red Robin and the assistant manager met us outside because Chastity was working and he did not want to raise any suspicions. I looked at the receipt and discovered that she had in fact reprinted the receipt for a higher tip and then signed my name.

I made a copy because I wanted to press charges of credit card fraud against Chastity Walker. (more trouble than worth). He said that he would talk to the GM- Bill to see what they would be doing. I told him that I wanted her fired. What she did was not acceptable and a Federal Offense. He said that he agreed.

About 3 days later, I called to follow up, Assistant Manager said that they decided not to fire her because it was her first offense. I told him that I didn't care if it was her first or tenth, what she did was illegal. He said that she didn't admit to it. A couple more days pass. I called and asked to speak to GM Bill. He was not aware of the fraud situation, so I explained in detail what had happened. At first he was saying that maybe it was a key stroke mistake, I told him that I could accept that, but she forged my name on a credit card receipt. He said that he would question her when she got back. (she went to a "funeral").

I told him that I wanted her fired. A couple weeks pass, so I called to see if she has returned, he told me that she never showed up for her shift. So, there was no need to follow up on this.

I went to the police and asked what I could do about filing a report. They told me that it would be $50.00 and that I would have to take time off, pay court costs, etc. So this is pretty much the only thing I can do. Please be aware of Chastity Walker. I don't know where she is working, but most likely in the restaraunt business. Consumers- make sure you check your credit card receipt, sign with your pen, not theirs. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I can do?

Dolly
Germantown, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2003 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chastity-Walker/Germantown-Maryland/Chastity-Walker-food-server-at-Red-Robin-Credit-Card-Fraud-the-norm-at-Red-Robin-of-Ge-66581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chastity Walker

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Red Robin

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I used to work for Red Robin. You should have called the District Managers office or call the Corporate out in Colorado. The management should have also been fired for not doing their jobs correctly if this is what I'm reading. About this girl and offenses I totally agree with you the girl should have been fired. The one I worked for if something happened the general manager would have been in close doors with the employee. And you are also correct that its a Federal Offense.

If the girl had an attitude problem at first hand you should have brought it up right there and then. The one I worked at they would have given you half off the bill or free food the next time. I don't like some of what they practice but they sure know what the guests do want. Take it from someone that worked for the company for almost three years.

You could have called an agency and they would have done an audit to exactly find out what was going on. I would have raised hell.

Its your credit card and if thats the case the credit card company would have stood by you on this.