Complaint Review: ChatAbout

• Updated: Fri, May 09, 2014

• Reported By: heathermc — Brunswick Georgia
ChatAbout
Internet USA

ChatAbout Seemed to be reputable and was..until you have a problem with the site Internet

*General Comment: Yes they are a rip off site!

*Author of original report: They actually are a Rip-off

This site was and seemed very reputable at first. I noticed at the beginning when I started people were having problems with the site. I figured maybe it was their internet connection (the member's) or possibly maybe a system glitch.

Being only with the site for maybe a month I cashed out, and then immediately begin having problems. i didn't shop. As I continued to complete offers and not receive any credit my email begin being overloaded with spam and still had received NO credit for these "offers".  After clearing out my cache on my computer several times like someone had suggested EVERY single time, one offer a day went through, TINY offers might I add.

All the while, while other members where complaining about the exact same problem. Amazingly when questions or concerns where posted up for admins or other members to help out they were ripped down without any assistance. [continued below]....

.....

Not only that, after speaking with dozens of other members they wrote the site from the "Contact us" tab at the bottom of the screen and waiting patiently for the site to respond and never received a response. What good is a "Contact us" tab, if you ignore your dedicated members?

Also, anyone that knows anything about these "OFFERS" knows that when you send a member to these "offers" the site forwarding them to the offer is making money off the member's email address an info.

So while the member is holding their breath hoping for the 10-50 points that they may or may not get credited so they can hold out for that 500 points to get that $5 gift card, the site is making mass profit off EVERY email they collect on members.

You decide if this is a rip off or not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2014 04:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ChatAbout/internet/ChatAbout-Seemed-to-be-reputable-and-wasuntil-you-have-a-problem-with-the-site-Internet-1142547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ChatAbout

#1 General Comment

Yes they are a rip off site!

AUTHOR: charityk - ()

You are so right. They do not answer comments and if you post on their fb Page they just delete them unless it posted by someone posting something nice. I cashed in At this site on the 3rd of this month and after cashing in could not log into my account. I am not the only one who cant and I notcied once someone post on their fb page about this they either delete the comment or skip over and answer someone who have left a nice comment on their wall. I WANT what I earned from the site and have asked serveral times for my 5 BUCKS! I guess I will not get it so I will have to post all over the internet about how much they are a RIP OFF! and for any new member thinking of joining the site dont do it! You will just be making them money and when its time to cash in well they will let you do that but wont pay you.. BEWARE!

They actually are a Rip-off

AUTHOR: Lacy - ()

If they are willing to take your info, and have you do the offers and then not honor the offers they have then sell your email?

Second, if you complain about their site, or they don't like your questions, comment they delete your comment and take your points away.

Also, what good is the contact us tab if they refuse to respond?