Complaint Review: Chavis Transport

• Submitted: Fri, October 14, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, June 09, 2006

• Reported By:Millstone West Virginia
Chavis Transport
301 Haynesville Rd. Moncks Corner, South Carolina U.S.A.

Chavis Transport, & Chavis & Chavis Transport, ripoff, dishonest, breach of contractfraudulent, no insurance, moved mobile home across 3 state lines obtaines DOT permits dishonestly, totaled mobile home, left scene of accident Moncks Corner, S.C South Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: BOSS TRANSPORT IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH CHAVIS TRANSPORT

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Getting Justice

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Found Boss Transport Web Site, Jimmy Chavis is not in Georgia, BUT, his Boss Transport Co. is in Moncks Corner, S.C.

*Consumer Suggestion: Sorry to hear about your loss

*Consumer Comment: changed there name to BOSS TRANSPORT

We contacted Chavis Transport, in Moncks Corner, S.C. to move a 14by80 mobile from walnut Cove, N.C. and bring it to Millstone, W.V. The company was within 1 mile from where the home was to be set and the driver for Chavis was negligent and totaled the mobile home.That was Aug.17 the company unhooked from it and left the county road blocked. The home was in the road until Sept. 15 when the state of W.V. had a contractor to come in and move it to our property. We now find out Chavis' do not have insurance and they will not answer any phone calls. The license plate number on the truck they used is:P781533. We paid these people up front and now we are out of money that I feel he has stolen from us. We contacted the Federal Safety Adm in S.C.and Chavis won't answer their phone calls, so they had to issue a Federal Summons. I have all of the bills on this ,e-mails, phone bills, and newspaper clippings from the newspaper and plenty of pictures if you want me to send them to you. I pray you have a lawyer who will rip this guys head for us.We were having this home moved for our son and his family. The home was like new and it was a special order home which cost $32,000.00. They are paying for a home that cannot be lived in. We gave them our home, and we were to live in the mobile home, because my husband is a disabled Viet Nam veteran.PLEASE HELP!!!

Mr. & Mrs Kenneth
Millstone, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2005 08:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chavis-Transport/Moncks-Corner-South-Carolina-29461/Chavis-Transport-Chavis-Chavis-Transport-ripoff-dishonest-breach-of-contractfraudu-160825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chavis Transport

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Kenny - (U.S.A.)

I Kenny Weston am the owner of Boss Transport. We are no way affiliated with Chavis Transport. I do sympothize with your lose but I would have appreciated if you had tried to e-mail me or contact me by phone before you put this on Ripoff Reports. I work very hard for my family, this is the way that I make my living and by putting this on the web you are hurting my business.

I need for this to be rectified and to be taken off of Ripoff Reports.

I am aware of this company and our businesses are based in the same home town, but once again we do not have any affliation with them. If you would please go to my website and E-mail me or call me so that I can give you some information.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#6 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#8 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Mr&mrs Kenneth - (U.S.A.)

Thanks for reporting the information about Boss Transport. I found the web site and isn't it strange that Jimmy Chavis is not in Georgia, BUT, his Boss Transport Co. is in Moncks Corner, S.C.and the web site is www.bosstransport.net go to that web site and see for yourself. If this Boss Transport Co. is not owned by Mr. Chavis then I will apologize. IF Mr. Chavis was any kind of up standing business man, he would settle his responsibilities and quit trying to hide.

#9 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#10 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#11 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#12 Consumer Suggestion

Sorry to hear about your loss

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

That 14' wide load not only required permits, but an escort as well.

I wonder if the driver was even legal and possessed a CDL. Probably not.

Do a USDOT inquiry and complaint into this company on your own, in addition to the other agencies working on it. Do everything in writing.

Here's why. Everything you document will justify a lawsuit which you should file immediately. Then they will have to respond, or get a default judgement. Then you can get the sherriffs dept to sieze his assets to satisfy the judgement. All it takes is a signature from a judge. And with all of the documentation you have, a signature is guaranteed.

Take these jerks down.

I am a professional driver and stories like this just kill me. Thanks to NAFTA and other cheap labor compliments of the Bush/Cheney/Haliburton administration.

changed there name to BOSS TRANSPORT

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

the company you are talking about has changed there name to BOSS TRANSPORT. THEY ARE WORKING SOMEWHERE IN GEORGIA AT A DEALERSHIP OR MANUFACTURE(HORTON SALES OR SOMETHING)they advertise under boss transport on the internet