Complaint Review: Cheap Trips

• Submitted: Tue, February 19, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, February 19, 2008

• Reported By:Germantown Tennessee
Cheap Trips
1930 East Marlton Pike Cherry Hill, New Jersey U.S.A.

I consider this Internet fraud, as I was looking for the best travel arrangements online. I received a call from Cheap Trips and they sold me a bill of goods (and that is all). I was told of free trips, "Fly Free With Me" companion flights, cruise vacations, weekend get-aways, etc. I should have heeded my mother's advice, "When it sounds too good to be true, it is."

Never was I told that the "freebies" I actually paid for were being sent by another company, Spirit Incentives, and would require 60 days advance notice. I specifically told the first lady I talked with that my husband often decided to fly somewhere with only two weeks notice and she told me this would be just great for us, so it was not like they did not know. Nowhere on the information I received did it say I would be required to give 60 days advance notice of travel until I called today, February 19, 2008. I was transferred by Theresa to her superintendent, Tanya, who was supposedly sitting at her desk to take my call. She did not pick up her phone. I have left two voice mails today; no return calls. I have been hung up on five times and left two messages in the general mailbox, unreturned.

I called the NJ BBB and was informed that Cheap Trips has 153 complaints filed against them. If I can finish mine quickly enough, I will be 154. I am also contacting the FBI to see if this falls under Internet fraud as they contacted em in response to an Internet search.

Ripped Yet again
Germantown, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2008 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheap-Trips/Cherry-Hill-New-Jersey-08034/Cheap-Trips-MISREPRESENTATION-HANG-UPS-UNRETURNED-CALLS-AND-WASTED-MONEY-Cherry-Hill-Ne-310138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheap Trips