Complaint Review: Cheap Trips

• Submitted: Mon, July 23, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, July 23, 2007

• Reported By:Greeley Colorado
Cheap Trips
1930 Route 70 Ste S94 Cherry Hill, New Jersey U.S.A.

Cheap Trips Promised Discount Travel turns into fradulent nightmare Cherry Hill New Jersey

A Cheap Trips employee named John called me one afternoon selling this "exclusive" airfare and lodging membership. I joined because 4 free tickets were promised to many locations in the US and Mexico. After receiving my membership materials I soon realized that the 4 free tickets were only available if I stayed at specific hotels for a minimum of 10 nights. These hotels were at least $200/night. This was only one of the "red flags" that I noticed upon further reading. I payed a total of $113.00 for a fraud.

The cancellation and refund department was difficult to reach and they offered limited information. They indicated that I had 30 days to cancel and once my materials were received it would take 7-10 days to refund my money. I mailed back my membership information as well as a letter indicating rationale for cancellation.

It has been 2 weeks and nothing has happened. When I call the phone number on the website, an operator tells me it is an invalid number.

I am now working to be refunded through my credit card company.

It is scary to think that a company like this exists without consequences.

Greeley, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2007 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheap-Trips/Cherry-Hill-New-Jersey-08034/Cheap-Trips-Promised-Discount-Travel-turns-into-fradulent-nightmare-Cherry-Hill-New-Jersey-262584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheap Trips