Complaint Review: Cheap Trips

• Submitted: Wed, June 10, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, June 14, 2009

• Reported By:Coos Bay Oregon
Cheap Trips
1930 Route 70, Suite S94, Cherry Hill, New Jersey U.S.A.

Cheap Trips Seven months and still no refund after repeated phone calls Cherry Hill New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: cheap trips scam solution

In October 2008 I was contacted by phone and persuaded to purchase TWO vacation club packages from Cheap Trips, for a vacation in Hawaii: three people for 7 days, 7 nights for a total of $400. When the packages arrived we looked them over, and found all kinds of 'hidden costs', plus the $212.95 we paid for the packages up front. 10-15-08 I returned both packages by USPS Certified Mail with a Return Receipt card, and a letter explaining why we were returning them. Receipt of packages confirmed with the green USPS card duly signed by a C. Lingham on October 20th, 2008. With no refund (to date) I made notes each time I tried to contact them for answers: 11-12-08 I called to inquire about the refund. Told it would take till 11-20-08 or even 12-20-08. If not received, call back on 12-20. 01-09-09 Called to inquire, and was told, "It would be expedited." 01-29-09 'Frederick' told me he will contact a Supervisor to get to the bottom of this. 02-10-09 'Frederick' again told me the same thing. Later that day the Supervisor, Chris, called. Said he would attempt to find out what's going on. 02-13-09 I called Chris. Said to "call back Thursday. No info. till then. 02-23-09 I called. No answer. Left message. Received no call back. 04-03-09 I called, 11:00. Spoke to someone (bad line) who said they would "get someone to call me right back: 11:45 thru end of day, still no call. 04-27-09 at 14:48 I called and spoke to 'Dave' who said he would get someone to "call us right back." Of course no one did.

To date no one has called back. To date, no refund. Guess it's about time I called again or tried writing another letter. About given up, but we could sure use that refund right now if you can help.

Jan
Coos Bay, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2009 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheap-Trips/Cherry-Hill-New-Jersey-08034/Cheap-Trips-Seven-months-and-still-no-refund-after-repeated-phone-calls-Cherry-Hill-New-Je-460423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheap Trips

cheap trips scam solution

AUTHOR: Jasmkine - (U.S.A.)

same exact thing happend to me with months of calling they kept telling me a supervisor would contact me so i went to my bank..my bank refunded my money the same day and had me call treap trips on 3 way so they can hear them saying what theyve been telling me about my refund and guess what happends the next day i have cheap trips supervisor calling me and leaving me messages like crazy but i did what they did to me. i ignored them and since the bank gave me my money i let the bank deal with them. so if they dont pay the bank they will get a bill for collections haha