Complaint Review: Cheap Trips

• Submitted: Wed, August 29, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, August 29, 2007

• Reported By:Green Cove springs Florida
Cheap Trips
P.o. Box 2036 Cherry Hill, New Jersey U.S.A.

Cheap Trips is very misleading and lies about it's refund policy. Ripoff Cherry Hill New Jersey

I was contacted by Cheap Trips about 4 free round trip tickets and 4 additional to sign up my spouse. They advertised discounted lodging, but what they didn't mention is there are mandatory stays in order to use the free tickets, usually 10 day minimum stay. After looking into the lodging information, I called Cheap Trips to cancell my membership and followed the procedures to get a full refund. I sent the packages back via certified mail 3 days later (June 27, 2007). The returned receipt was dated July 2, 2007.
I contacted Cheap Trips (800 280-5040) and spoke with a person named Frederick (I.D. # f059) on 8/6/7, 2:00 p.m. He informed me that my refund should appear in my next bank statement, but I have received my latest statement, and the is NO REFUND, to date. It has been 57 days since I received the return receipt of the 2 packages. They owe me 180.00.
Can someone please help?

Mary
Green Cove springs, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2007 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheap-Trips/Cherry-Hill-New-Jersey-08034/Cheap-Trips-is-very-misleading-and-lies-about-its-refund-policy-Ripoff-Cherry-Hill-New-J-271147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheap Trips