Complaint Review: Cheap Trips

• Updated: Thu, August 14, 2008

• Reported By:Bisbee Arizona
Cheap Trips
cheaptrips.com Internet U.S.A.

Cheap Trips Evaded responsibility to refund $108.00 for canceled memebership. Internet

In October of 2007 I received a phone call from a cheap trips representative who offered me a lifetime membership to cheap trips. She ensured me that by signing up I would get the very best travel deals, and would also receive 2 complimentary round trip airline tickets, as well as some other coupons for vacation deals. I told the lady that I was NOT a "high end" traveler, and that more often than not I camp or stay in hostels to save money, as I am a student. I was reluctant at first, but she insisted that the company had been around for a long time, and it's customers were extremely satisfied because they save a lot of money. She said if for any reason I was not satisfied than I could cancel my membership by returning the free travel vouchers and other materials for a full refund.

So I agreed to have the $108.00 deducted from my bank account in exchange for the lifetime membership. I was supposed to receive the package with all my membership details and free flight voucher within 10 business days. It took over three weeks, and when I opened the package I realized that in order to take advantage of the free flight coupons I had to go to specific locations and stay in specific (and very expensive) resorts at full price. So I returned everything immediately at my own expense. I called cheap trips a week later to ensure they had received my returned package and were possessing my refund. A lady named Teresa said that I would see the refund on my next billing statement.

I forgot about the refund for a while because it never showed up. I called again 2 months later and was told by someone named Frederick that it would be on my statement in 14 business days. . . never happened! Since then it has been a losing battle to get my money back. They never return my phone calls, supervisors and managers are never available, and sometimes when I call they will hang up before even answering to evade speaking with me. At this point I don't know how to get my money back, and I don't know how to get help with this fraud!!! It's not the money its the principle!

Serena
Bisbee, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheap-Trips/internet/Cheap-Trips-Evaded-responsibility-to-refund-10800-for-canceled-memebership-Internet-362883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheap Trips