Complaint Review: Cheap-o-air

• Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: Jman — Portsmouth New Hampshire United States of America
Cheap-o-air

Cheap-o-air cheap o air Made me lose 3 flights in one trip. Internet

I am writing this review so that what happened to my wife and I doesnt happen to anyone else. We had booked our trip to Lima, Peru 6 months in advance and the prices were around $150 less per ticket then if we bought the tickets right from the airline itself.

Two weeks before our flight I got a call from Cheapoair telling me that my flight was going to be changed but that i benefitted from it because now we only have one stop before our final destination as apposed to two.

I gave permission for this change verbally on the phone with the person who called me and in an email that I was asked to send in confirming that I approve the change.

The day of our trip we get to the airport and are in line exactly 3 hours ahead of time (like instructed by the airport). When we get up to receive our tickets we are told that the flight has been changed (which we already knew) but that we did not have "new ticket numbers". [continued below]....
.....

After the representative waited on the phone on hold with cheapoair for over 2 hours...we missed our flight. then we missed 2 more flights because they kept filling up. Finally 6 hours later we were the last 2 chosen on a stand-by waiting list.

When we got to Florida (our stop-over before Peru) we had MORE problems with the ticket number. Almost missed that flight too. Coming home from Peru back to Boston (home) we had MORE problems with the ticket number and again almost missed our flights.

The problem was that Cheapoair changed the flights but did not provide a NEW ticket number. This was an awful experience and I will never buy from them again. It would have been TOTALLY worth it to just pay the $300 extra to buy it strait through the airline company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheap-o-air/internet/Cheap-o-air-cheap-o-air-Made-me-lose-3-flights-in-one-trip-Internet-1012327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheap-o-air