Complaint Review: Cheap seat tickets

• Updated: Mon, June 09, 2014

• Reported By: Michele — Swedesboro New Jersey
Cheap seat tickets
60 connolly parkway hamden, Connecticut USA

Cheap seat tickets Family member ordered tickets and ordered 14 instead of the 4 that were agreed upon. This was on 2/7/14 at 5am. Concert is 6/15/14. Emailed Glenn@cheapseattickets at 5:11 am. My respinse was that he could not cancel the transaction but would give me a one time break if I paid the $236.00 surcharge, which he stated he would lose by cancelling the transaction, or gave me the option of filing police report against family member and sending to him. Fought through credit card company, but he won appeal. Received the 14v tickets today, 6/9/15. I am not a ticket agent. Can't get rid of them hamden Connecticut

Allowed a family member to go online and order tickets for Tim Mc Graw concert. This was on February 7, 2014. Concert is June 15, 2014.

She ordered 14, when we told her she could order 4. This was at 05:00 am.  We immedicately called the credit catd company (within 5 minutes) and explained what had happened and asked them to cancel transaction. They suggested we work with merchant first. I e-mailed Glenn @ cheapseat at 05:11 am.

My response later that am was that there is an "all sales final" policy.  He suggested that I could file a police report against my family member, or that he would make a one time exception if I paid the $236.00 service fee, which he said he would lose if the transaction was cancelled. His other option was that I could file a police report against the child for illegally using the card, and forward to him.

I asked how he would lose money on tickets; this concert was not even "on sale" yet through the venue, so in essence he was selling tickets that didn't  exist. He refused to budge.

We appealed to credit card company, who agreed to cancel the transaction, but warned that the vendor has right to appeal. He did, and won.

So, I was stuck with 14 lawn seats at double the selling price because of the astronomical service fees, and a charge of $1200.00,  Several e-mails and phone calls were ignored by the merchant in an attempt to solve this issue.

I am not a ticket agent and did not wish to sell 14 tickets. Since I didn;t have them in hand, that was a difficult sale to make . Several attempts to find out when the tickets would arrive were ignored as well.

We tried calling the customer service number on the web site, which by the way also states "money back guarantee". The woman I spoke with was very sympathetic and talked to her supervisor.She cam eback on the phone to say that they were not in fact , Cheap Seat tickets, but a contracted phone service to answer calls. She suggested we contact Glenn directly.

Today is 6/9/15. The concet is 6/15. I just received these ticjets, which are e-tickets by Fed Ex.

So , now that I have them, I have 3-4 days to try to get rid of them.

This merchant is unprofessional and the policies he adheres to are ridiculous.  Additionally, his service fees are exhorbitant. He is also selling tickets that he does not have, which is unethical at best.  Donlt use this vendor. Please spread the word.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2014 05:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheap-seat-tickets/hamden-Connecticut-06514/Cheap-seat-tickets-Family-member-ordered-tickets-and-ordered-14-instead-of-the-4-that-wer-1153403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheap seat tickets