Complaint Review: CheapOair.com

• Submitted: Fri, June 20, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 20, 2008

• Reported By:San Diego California
CheapOair.com
213 West 35th Street, Suite 1301 New York, New York U.S.A.

CheapOair.com This is a SCAM! DO NOT purchase tickets through Cheap-O-Air!! New York City New York

Cheap-O-Air makes their money off of penalties, fees, and other charges that you haven't agreed to. I bought tickets recently and there was a problem with my return date. Although I called within minutes of booking my flight, Cheap-O-Air tried to charge me $100 per person cancellation fee, plus taxes for the flight, plus higher charges for the new tickets, even though the tickets hadn't been issued yet. After pleading with the "customer service" agent to please help, despite his rudeness and beligerance, I asked him to speak with a manager and subsequently the penalties were reduced to $50 (plus I had to still pay the taxes on the first set of tickets).

The agent then rebooked my flight on a more expensive flight, and sent me an "updated" itinerary. The itinerary hadn't been updated and still reflected the same wrong return date but they charged me almost $200 more for the tickets! I've tried calling and getting help from 3 different agents since then to send me the correct itinerary, and there is always some mysterious problem and I have yet to receive my correct itinerary. I am sick to my stomach that a very local flight is costing almost 3x as much as I would have paid had I went to any other website or directly through the airline itself!

Beware of this company! They are scam artists!!

Marge
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2008 05:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CheapOaircom/New-York-New-York-10001/CheapOaircom-This-is-a-SCAM-DO-NOT-purchase-tickets-through-Cheap-O-Air-New-York-City-342509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CheapOair.com