Complaint Review: CheapTickets CheapTieckets.com

• Updated: Thu, November 13, 2008

• Reported By:Incognito Texas
CheapTickets CheapTieckets.com
cheaptickets.com Internet U.S.A.

CheapTickets.com CheapTickets Double billed after website error, dragging their feet on refunding, no refund on service charge Internet

Just a warning to those who might be using (or consider using) CheapTickets.com to buy airline tickets - don't do it! I won't use CheapTickets again.

Problem #1 - After trying to buy tickets online, an error msg appeared on their webpage stating that the search results were no longer available (Message 1010). OK - no problem, I understand, so I searched again and purchased my tickets. Then I get 2 email confirmations - the first transaction really did go through! I now have 2 tickets for the same flight.

Problem #2 - They make it vary awkward to cancel and you don't really know if you can. After receiving an email from their Customer Service dept, I went ahead and canceled, but then they say that 1) they will still charge you the $5.99 service charge (even though this error was their fault) and 2) "it may still take a couple of billing cycles to refund this on your credit card, so just wait for us to issue a credit." Riiiight!!! No, I disputed the payment with my card card issuer.

The credit card company requires a lot of documentation and you must pay the postage and you should probably send it certified or at least delivery confirmation. The bottom line - CheapTickets may have originally saved me $2 or $3 on my flight, but now I'm spending hours fighting this false billing and spending more than $5 on postage and photocopying. CheapTickets - NEVER AGAIN!

ConsumerRightsGuy
Incognito, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2008 08:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CheapTickets-CheapTiecketscom/internet/CheapTicketscom-CheapTickets-Double-billed-after-website-error-dragging-their-feet-on-re-391089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CheapTickets CheapTieckets.com