Complaint Review: CheapTickets.com

• Updated: Fri, June 01, 2007

• Reported By:Surprsie Arizona
Cheaptickets.com Internet U.S.A.

CheapTickets.com Ripoff, fraudulent billing, terrble customer service Internet

Yesterday, I used cheaptickets.com in hopes of finding a good deal on airfare. When I saw a $181 price for plane tickets I jumped at the oppurtunity to get that deal. I filled out all of the information as it requested me to do so. As I proceeded to the purchase of the tickets, a message kept popping up telling me that my information was incorrect and that I needed to correct it and re-do the information. So I did, thinking that maybe I had made a mistake. Minutes later, I learned that I had made NO mistakes and that Cheaptickets had billed me more than once.

I pulled up my online bank statment and I had $1 left in my checking account. A few minutes before I had over $300. The ticket only costed $226 including tax. I looked at me checking account activity and it said that four charges of $20.20 and four charges of $3.99 and one charge of $222.26 had been taken by Cheaptickets.com. I then looked in my e-mail inbox to check if they had sent me a confirmation e-mail and my itenerary, but nothing was in my e-mail. I had just been charged for something I didn't even receive.

I called the Cheaptickets.com hotline and they kept me on hold for an hour and a half! they kept telling me that they had no information on what had just occurred. I was again and again put on hold and transferred to another 'uninformed' person.

I called my bank right away to stop the charges but they said they could not stop the charges until they were final. they right now are still pending I will find out tomorrow from my bank how I can stop this madness.
If anyone can help me in this situation please do.

Surprsie, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2007 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CheapTicketscom/internet/CheapTicketscom-Ripoff-fraudulent-billing-terrble-customer-service-Internet-251732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CheapTickets.com