• Report: #200520

• Updated: Tue, July 11, 2006

• Reported By:LA California
CheapTickets.com
CheapTickets.com Internet U.S.A.

CheapTickets.com They refused to give my flight info that I payed for & they won't let me complain Internet

tried CheapTickets.com for the first time in June of 2006.

First I had a very, very difficult time purchasing over the phone because their 'automated attendant (directive recordings) didn't understand my very common american-english/non-dialect voice. Their phone system continually HUNG-UP on me (& others) instead of transferring us to a live agent.

The real problem that caused me to be stranded over-night wasn't until after I had my rental car broken into by mexicans who stole only my baggage, which included my only flight itinerary.

When I tried calling Cheap Tickets.com at 9:00am (California time) on June 26, 2006 it took over an hour to reach a live person because their phone system kept hanging up on me(!!) After an hour of this horrible treatment at 10:25am California time I finally reached a live young lady who repeatedly refused to give me my flight details unless I joined Cheap Tickets Gold' Club!! As this was the most absurd thing I've ever heard I demanded to speak to a supervisor and this same young lady rudely refused. I explained I might file a lawsuit unless I either: get my flight information (so I could finally go home), or my money back to get another flight but she still refused to do what her company is supposed to do. When I asked for this young lady's name she rudely refused and transferred me to a blank' phone line for another 25 minutes, which eventually hung-up on me.

The first leg of my journey was with United Airlines, however, the gentleman at the United Airlines counter didn't have access' to the return leg of my journey and CheapTickets.com blatantly refused to give me (me, their paying customer) my needed flight information or a refund I WAS STRANDED at San Jose Airport all that morning, the entire afternoon, all night(!), and all the next morning.

Today I'm back where I started and when I tried to call to complain to a Cheap Tickets.com supervisor their phone system continually HUNG-UP on me because my criteria didn't fit their phone systems' offered categories, and their phone system didn't understand my normal/non-dialect voice to the phone systems' questions.

I am, still, to this date, not able to reach any supervisor to express my concerns of the nightmarish incident that they could have easily avoided. Can you imagine this happening right here in America with a supposedly well-known company??

Thank you for reading my note, and beware of CheapTickets.com. Kind Regards, -Tony P.

Tony
LA, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2006 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CheapTicketscom/internet/CheapTicketscom-They-refused-to-give-my-flight-info-that-I-payed-for-they-wont-let-me-200520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CheapTickets.com